Friday, July 10, 2009

"Summer Happenings"







Well, so far this summer we've been traveling a lot! 1 First we went to the Outer Banks, all the sunning and swimming was fun, but apparently we forgot to reapply the sunscreen! Oops! Sunburn is so miserable! But it was really nice at the beach, not too hot, and a nice breeze blowing, but only Chris and Kristine could brave the ice chilling water.



2 Next, we went up to Washington D.C. for Chris's sister's wedding. It was really beautiful, and I will post pictures of this when I get them. While up in D.C. Chris and I took a night to ourselves, hopped on the metro (the Red Line, which I might add crashed two days before - I figured if we were on it togeher at least we'd die together). But we didn't die, instead we had a blast at the Red Sox vs. Washington Nationals baseball game! We were fortunate to get some tickets someone was selling right outside the stadium they were a great price on the first level behind first base line. David Ortiz hit a homerun! Youkalis really DOES have the weirdest batting stance, and Pedroia really IS a midget but he is still Chris's favorite player! It was really cool! Again, I will post a picture of that game when I can find the attachment to our camera.



3 Last, we headed up to Williamsburg with the Aycocks for a Busch Gardens trip! I actually have pictures of thisb/c I stole them off of missy's facebook page, yay! I was hoping I would be allowed to ride the Roman Rapids or something, but to my dismay expectant mothers are not allowed on anything. But, fortunately Busch Gardens has some neat wildlife including eagles, clydesdale horses, and wild wolves to go and see, and I think we saw 3 or 4 variety shows. And there was Katie (3) and Fischer(2) to tow around with us (Mama and Jenny are not fond of rides).



3 comments:

regina said...

family outings are the best! congrats on your baby girl. i am so excited for you both... hope everything is going well and keep us posted on how things are going.

Lauren said...

Look at you eatin that watermelon! haha What part of the Outer Banks did you go to? We are jealous that yall got to go to a Red Sox game! Pedroia is also Joel's favorite player. How are you doing these days with that little girl in your stomach?

Lauren said...

Molly only 20 days to go! You need to post an update soon before you don't have time to update!