Thursday, February 5, 2009


Valentine's Day . . . and other stuff . . .

So, Valentine's is coming up. Chris says its just a holiday that was invented as an excuse to give women presents. Well, he has gotten some pretty sweet things over the last few years. In my family we sort of do homemade gifts a lot, like I made a homemade fried chicken and cheese biscuit dinner one time, a picnic dinner in the park where we had our first date, a card made of conversation hearts, etc. Maybe that's cheesy, but its just what I grew up doing, of course, there are times when you need a big gift, but for little things like valentine's mother's day, we are more of the making present, breakfast-in-bed type. Anyhow, I like V-day because its a celebration of love! yay! . . . . the other stuff is that I am really enjoying my new job at GR Whitfield. I am really loving the kids and the staff I work with is great. Chris is super busy as a grad assistant and his own classes, its like double the schoolwork, bless him!!!

1 comment:

JasonandMC said...

I love your new picture! Jason is the same way at V-day but he always manages to come up with something to surprise me :) We were like you guys growing up too...we always made homemade cards or cookies and mom and dad always had a card and chocolates to surprise us with in the morning. I love it because you think about love all day long!